Do you ever think about the many different food particles, bacteria, and other substances that gather on your denture throughout the day? If not, try thinking about it now. Your dentures get extremely dirty each and every day, which is why it is so important to clean your appliance regularly. To help you do so, we recommend doing the following things:
· Rinse the denture after eating: While you eat, whether it’s a snack or meal, food particles cling to your artificial teeth and contaminate your appliance. So, make sure you rinse your denture after you eat so you can wash away the food particles and other loose debris.
· Clean your mouth: When you take the denture out of your mouth, clean your remaining natural teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush. If you don’t have natural teeth, clean your gums, tongue, cheeks, and roof of your mouth with a gauze pad or with a soft toothbrush. Having a clean mouth will help you maintain a clean appliance.
· Brush your denture daily: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste to scrub your artificial teeth at least once a day. Brushing the denture will eliminate the harmful particles that constantly threaten your smile.
· Soak the denture: When the denture is out of your mouth, soak it in mild denture cleaner or water. This will keep it moist so it maintains its shape and condition.
· Visit your dentist: Attend dental cleanings every six months so your appliance can be deeply and professionally cleaned by our skilled dental team.
These five cleaning tips will help you maintain a strong and reliable denture that can last for many years. If you need help performing any of the recommended tasks, please remember that Dr. Roy Oyangen and our team at Advanced Aesthetics Dentistry is always here to help! Just call [phone] today and we will be here to assist you.