Covid-19 UPDATE: A letter from Roy Oyangen, DMD
We are excited to have our doors open once again to serve you and your family’s dental needs. We have implemented the following precautions to ensure each and every patient’s safety.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
You may already noticed from your prior visits that infection control has always been our top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and up to date.
You will be seeing some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you as a patient and our team members.
- Patient Screening – Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment and will be asking you some screening questions.
- Team Training– We have taken the time to keep up to date with all of the current infection control measures from the New York State dental association and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and to apply them to our protocols at home and in the dental office.
- Infection Control Shields and PPE – Our front desk now has plexiglass for additional safety control measures. The clinical team members who are most at risk will be wearing N95 masks, a face shield, surgical gown, and nitrile gloves.
- Reducing Aerosols – In an effort to reduce air-born germs, we have installed air purifiers with high-quality HEPA filters in each operatory room and in our reception area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We may ask you to wait in your vehicle until you are ready to be taken into the operatory
- Face Coverings for Patients – We require you to wear a mask or face covering when entering the building until seated in the operatory room.
- Our office will no longer offer magazines, children’s books, or toys and we have also suspended our complimentary coffee bar.
We look forward to seeing all of our patients again and ask for “ your patience” as we take these new steps to keep you and our team safe.
Dr. Oyangen and the Dental Team