Covid-19 UPDATE: A letter from Roy Oyangen, DMD
June 1, 2020 – Governor Cuomo has announced the re-open on all preventive care for dental offices. We are excited to have our doors open once again to serve you and your family’s dental needs.
We hope this posting finds you and your family in good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few weeks, and all of us are looking to resuming our routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
As of today, Governor Cuomo has announced the re-open on all preventive care for dental offices. Our office has been preparing for this re-opening and we are excited to see our patients again!
You may already noticed from your prior visits that infection control has always been our top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA) , the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and up to date.
You will be seeing some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you as a patient and our team members.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment and will be asking you some screening questions.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We may ask you to wait in your vehicle until you are ready to be taken into the operatory
- We will ask you to wear a mask or face covering in our reception area.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter our office. You will also find some throughout the office for use as needed.
- Our office will no longer offer magazines, children’s books or toys and we have also suspended our complimentary coffee bar.
We look forward to seeing all of our patients again and ask for “ your patience” aswe take these new steps to keep you and our team safe.
Dr. Oyangen and the Dental Team