When a patient’s tooth needs its size, shape, strength, and appearance restored, Dr. Roy Oyangen in Schenectady, NY at Advanced Aesthetics Dentistry may recommend a dental crown. A dental crown is a cap that is custom made to cover a tooth. This ceramic tooth is shaped and colored to encase & protect the entire visible part of the tooth.
Our dentist may place a dental crown to:
- Strengthen a weak tooth
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth that does not have much structure left because of a large filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Shape a tooth or cover a stain
- Complete a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
Our dentist may place a crown on primary teeth, or baby teeth, to:
- Save a tooth that is too badly damaged to support a dental filling
- Protect the teeth of a child that has a high risk of decay
- Protect the teeth of a child that has trouble with daily dental hygiene
Most of the ceramics we use are custom manufactured by Bonadent!